Use the President’s Challenge online to track your exercise and earn awards!
Any exercise you do between September 1 – August 31 of each year, can be recorded and used to earn awards!
NOTE: you can only record exercise starting from the first day of login, so if you login on Sept 10th, you can put all exercise from Sept. 1-10 on that first day, then log appropriately after this.
How to sign-up
1) Register yourself online
Create your OWN username and password.
2) Pick a challenge
Both challenges earn you the same points for whatever activity you do
- “Presidential Champions” tracks your exercise whenever you do it (choose this one if you’re not sure which one to do)
- “PALA” is more regimented asking for 5/days a week of activity and 1 eating change per week for 6 weeks
3) Join your respective group
Click on “groups” – you will see where you can look-up a group by name or the number. Then JOIN your group!
Group Name: CFOT Messengers of Light
Group Number: 946610
Group Name: CFOT Heralds
Group Number: 944364
Group Name: CFOT Staff
Group Number: 941450
4) Click “Tracker”
Record your activity in this section
5) Have fun exercising and earning stuff!
*Note that only the group administrators can see your actual points. No one else in your group can see your points so no worries about being embarrassed etc. You can see the groups average points and the highest points though, so you know where you stand.
Items you can earn with your points (items vary)
1500 = Sweat towel (apx 5 hour item)
2500 = Winter cap (apx 10 hour item)
7000 = Cotton tee (apx 20 hour item)
10,000 = Mesh shorts (apx 30 hour item)
12,000 = Dri-fit shirt, Cinch-sac (apx 40 hour items)
15,000 = Sweatshirt, Windbreaker, Sweatpants, Flip-flops (apx 50 hour items)
40,000 = BRONZE MEDAL from President’s Challenge
90,000 = SILVER MEDAL from President’s Challenge
160,000 = GOLD MEDAL from President’s Challenge
1,000,000 = PLATINUM MEDAL from President’s Challenge
Ok, so what’s the President’s Challenge, you ask?
It’s a great way for you to be active and have fun. You can choose from two free challenges that will help you get on a healthy track for an opportunity to earn awards:
About the challenges
- Presidential Champions, challenges you to be more active more often—the more active you are, the more points you’ll earn toward our awards:
PC is only about earning points and does not include healthful eating markers, nor is it concerned with anything particular being done within a time frame. You exercise – you earn points! This is a great challenge to start after PALA – or start right on it.
- The Presidential Active Lifestyle Award (PALA) challenge, helps people make physical activity and healthy eating a part of their everyday lives:
PALA is a 6 week program where you must exercise 5 days a week for at least 30 min. each day, and you must choose 1 new eating adjustment each week – in order to complete the challenge. You have 8 weeks to complete the 6 week PALA challenge. Points are earned during this too – but the main focus for completing is on exercise time and making healthier food choices. This is a good starter program.
No matter which challenge you choose – you will earn points. If you complete PALA and then start PC – your points will just keep adding up. You don’t lose any when you start a new challenge or switch challenges at any time.
How to Switch Challenges
The PALA Challenge isn’t so user friendly for the long run and makes you start over every 8 weeks. It also doesn’t let you back-date very easily. In order to change your challenge:
Log in – then click through the following:
- “Account Settings” (button at bottom of page)
- “Change Challenge” (listed on the left of your account info)
- Select “Presidential Champions” – it will tell you you’re going to lose information, but it’s only the nutritional info. All your points carry over.
- “Save” (button at bottom)
You should be able to log exercise much easier after this, including back-dating.
Once you join your group, you will be able to
- Log your activities and earn points that will count toward your group’s total & help you earn CFOT gear and President’s Challenge awards – you will earn actual medals when you reach certain levels!
- See how you’re doing compared to your other group members
- Compete against the other groups! – even though the groups aren’t that even numbers-wise, it’s ok, we can turn it into a percentage to see who is ahead
- Interact with other members in your group forum
- Create your own groups with whoever you want, if you want! And keep each other motivated! You can lead or be a part of as many groups as you want!
- Add a profile picture that will display in your group (or you can hide your information from other group members, if you prefer)
- Have fun and encourage each other to be active and healthy!
So log in and let’s all get started!! Have fun with this!